Monday, February 15, 2010

What makes me happy...


After one of the Simple Savers, Mellifluous Reflection (or Rach) (See her blog here), posted a thread asking what makes everyone happy, it got me thinking..
In your life, do you focus on the big things in life that make you happy, or the little things?

The big things in life that make me happy are:

-Family

-Friends

-My beautiful boyfriend

-My Gran

-My car, and the fact it's MINE!

-Life- Living, being alive.

But then, sitting back and thinking about EVERYTHING that makes me happy, big and small, I came up with this list..

-Being alive and relatively healthy

-looking at my new wall hangings I made the day before yesterday (see previous post :D)

-my dog, because even when he's being told off he wags his tail

-my boyfriend (most of the time anyway hehe)

-my family, especially mum because she is always there for me

-having a sense of humour and being able to laugh at myself

-knowing that even if I feel like crap and people say "smile" so I give them daggers, it eventually brings out laughter

-looking in the mirror and being able to look back

-having a list to write!!!

-having friends on Simple Savings
Australian Money Saving Tips

-my bed

-reading in bed listening to rain on the roof

-lipbalm! (Blistex especially)

-putting money in my tin and knowing that my future (whatever it holds) will be exciting and I'll have money to do exciting things

aaaannddd....

-flowers, teddy bears, chocolates, elderly couples holding hands, puppies and kittens, unwrapping presents, reading the newspaper, the satisfaction after cleaning, eating a delicious meal, kisses and cuddles, sleeping, breathing, my soft pillows!, giving back to others, making others happy, when I itch I certain spot on my head/neck and it goes tingly and feels nice, seeing others be happy, massages, nice smells, washing!, the smell of clean clothes, new sheets on my bed, seeing my boyfriend smile at me, the silky feeling my hair gets after it's washed, soft hands, long beautiful nails, jewellery, friends, the most amazing woman ever- my gran, remembering memories of those who I've lost, belief- in myself and others and most finally LOVE. the love animals have for humans, the love I have for my partner, the love I have for my mum and dad, the love/hate relationship with my sister, the love my dog has for me, the love I have for friends, the love of payday, the love of SS and basically love in general. Seeing love, promoting love, being in love, being loved.

After writing this list, I saw the cliche, "LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE", and I thought, that's exactly what I do. Every day. I live, obviously. I laugh, at big things, little things, myself, my dog, my sister, my friends, my boyfriends, watching TV shows, at work with the other staff and basically at everything. Most finally, love. I have so much love to give, so so much.. for my boyfriend, family, friends, my dog, etc etc. The great thing is, it's all different kinds of love too.

So I will finish with this statement, "If you live, laugh and love, what haven't you got to be happy about?"

Here's a few things that make me happy..

                 My gorgeous boyfriend, Callum and I.                

 

 Some of my beautiful friends and I
  

 My amazing dog, Patch.

 

And the silly things in life, like this photo..



No comments:

Post a Comment