Thursday, February 11, 2010

My savings so far

At the moment, in my savings account I have $343.49.
This is $59.95 less than it was last night, because I saw some great things for my boyfriend on eBay for Valentines day, but I thought, "hey, why not!"

This will get back up to the amount that it was last night pre-eBay, and I will make sure of that!
Valentine's day only comes around once each year, and I had totally forgot that it was this week!
I ended up buying a fragrance for him, which I'm in love with (and he is too), which was $59.95 on eBay, with free postage. This particular fragrance is usually around the $130 mark, so I was VERY happy when I found this!!

Aside from my savings account, I also have a Winnie the Pooh money tin, that is getting quite full and quite heavy!! 
I put $100 in the other day, which was the remnants of my birthday money. I'm looking forward to opening it, as I put coins in it almost every day!

My system is that whenever a note is broken, the coins go into the bottom of my handbag.
Unless the coins are needed desperately I won't use them, and they go into the slot at the end of the day!

All of the money from my tin will be going into my savings account, which will be going towards my first overseas holiday!

My money tin saving started around the 1st of the December, and I'm hoping there will be around $300 in there! I will just have to wait and see though!! 

Each week I also deposit $30 (which has gone up from $20!) into my savings account, so that is looking much healthier! (aside from last night's transfer...)
I've also been sick since Monday so tissues, orange cordial and butter menthols have become my best friends!
If you're questioning the orange cordial- it's because I can't stomach any food, because I'm simply not hungry and my throat is KILLING me!

I've also found that this is a GREAT way to save money! As payday was Tuesday, and I haven't had a chance to go to the shops to spend money (except for my eBaying last night), and I still have my weeks spending money there!

I'm almost on the mend, I felt a little bit hungry earlier, so I'm off to make myself something to eat! 
Oh, I forgot to add, that I would love it if you joined me on my money tin adventure and forget that coins even exist! (until the end of the day when they are put in the tin!!)
I love having a money tin, because before you know it, you have quite a large deposit to put into your savings account!
I'll admit, I'm addicted to saving!


No comments:

Post a Comment